When I eat salmon, I am reminded of Jeff and I’s Alaskan honeymoon, which took place this time last year. We have fond memories of eating fresh salmon in Alaska, especially at the Saltry Restaurant in Halibut Cove (you can only get there from Homer, via the female-captained Danny J ferry). These salmon fillets are complimented with briny capers and fresh tomato sauce that is balanced and flavorful. We hope you enjoy this dish as much as we do!
–Leah and Jeff
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 Tablespoon of capers
- 2 Tablespoons of green onion, sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 t salt and a few grinds of pepper to taste
- Green onion, to top
- Pre-heat oven to 400’F. Place salmon on baking sheet. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Top with green onions and capers. Drizzle lightly with olive oil. Bake until just done, about 12 minutes.
- In the meantime, add tomatoes, garlic, oil, salt and pepper to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until combined (this is what makes this recipe so good!).
- Top salmon with fresh tomato sauce and more green onion to serve. Enjoy!