Late fall vegetable preparations can be as bright and simple as those of spring and summer. Here, thinly sliced fennel and radishes pair well with a local baby greens mix. This recipe comes together in minutes and I kept the ingredient list small. Other crunchy addition that would work well include red cabbage and thinly sliced apple. Also, the dressing can be modified by adding fresh herbs and swapping maple syrup for the honey. We hope this salad brightens your late fall dinners, as it does ours!
-Leah and Jeff
- 2 cups of salad greens (baby greens used here)
- 1/4 cup of radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fennel thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Tablespoon of honey
- Pinch of salt
- A few grinds of fresh pepper
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
- When ready to serve, toss vegetables in dressing. Serve immediately. Enjoy!