I love home-made granola; it is simple to make and much better (and less expensive) than store-bought versions. For this recipe, I kept the ingredients simple: old fashioned rolled oats, lots of unsweetened coconut, and real maple syrup. The maple syrup was gifted to us by our French-Canadian neighbors, and it is the best I have ever had. We hope you enjoy this simple staple that can be used as a topping for yogurt or paired with a milk of choice.
–Leah and Jeff
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- Scant 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Scant 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 250’F. Mix all ingredients until combined and spread evenly on 2 parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until golden, tossing every 15 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy! Granola will keep for about 2 weeks in an airtight container.