This is my first recipe in a few weeks since we have been busy! Jeff and I just returned from a lovely trip to Denver, where we visited with his family. Jeff has been holding down the blog fort, and I am very thankful for him. The four days away was just the refresh that I needed, and I feel reinvigorated on the culinary front. My recipe was inspired by a little crepe shop that we saw in Denver where we did not end up eating. Jeff exclaimed that he only liked sweet crepes. However, I am happy to report that I successfully turned him into an enjoyer of savory crepes after we got back. Now, with that being said, he may or may not have added honey to his last crepe…
–Leah and Jeff
Ingredients (makes about 8 crepes):
For the crepes:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup flour (whole wheat pastry flour used here)
- 1 T melted unsalted butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 T fresh herbs (dill used here)
For the filling:
- Smoked salmon
- Fromage blanc (sour cream, greek yogurt, or whipped cream cheese would also work well here)
- Asparagus, sliced on the bias
- Dill, chopped
- Mix the crepe batter ingredients together. Whisk or blend until combined (emulsion blender used here).
- Place a large non-stick pan over medium heat for two minutes. In the meantime, place asparagus in steamer and steam until just tender. Blanch under cold water to retain green color.
- Hold the heated pan at an angle and pour just enough batter to thinly cover the surface of the pan. Replace over heat and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Flip and cook another 45 seconds. Place on plate and continue with the rest of the batter.
- To serve: fold the crepes in half. Arrange salmon, steamed asparagus, and a dollop of fromage blanc on each plate. Top with dill. Enjoy!
3 thoughts on “Savory Dill Crepes with Salmon Recipe”
LikeLiked by 1 person